York Habitat for Humanity to Team Up With Local Church in Hope of Providing Hurricane Relief for Puerto Rico
Habitat Office Will Serve as Drop-Off Point
York Habitat for Humanity announced that its office will serve as a local drop off designation for donations to be sent to help Hurricane Maria victims in Puerto Rico. The devastating storm, one of the worst to hit the island in recorded history, has left the entire population in need of all emergency rations.
With this in mind, the church, Iglesia Pentecoastal Mision Goel, located at 150 Jefferson Avenue in York, will be accepting donations every Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 6:00 to 8:00 PM and on Sunday from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM in the basement of the church.
York Habitat for Humanity’s office will also serve as a drop off point for items to be donated to the cause. Habitat’s office will accept items during the following hours; Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM until 4:00 PM at 33 S. Seward Street, York, PA 17404.
Supplies we are collecting:
- Bottled water, bottled drinks
- Energy snacks – nuts, raisins, granola, etc.
- Can products – meat, fruits, vegetables, etc.
- Can opener (not electric)
- Articles for babies, formulas, diapers
- Cereal, sweet and salty crackers, snacks
- Plastic plates, cups, spoons, and forks
- Toilet paper, napkins, wipes
- Food for pets
- Medication for kids/adults (cold, flu, stomach, headache, etc)
- First aid kit or articles
- Hand sanitizer
- Blankets, pillows, bed sheets, towels
- Deodorant, tooth paste, tooth brushes, soap, lotions, detergent, shampoo, conditioner
- Caned milk, powdered milk
- Batteries AA, AAA, C, D
- Repellent for insects (off, spray, lotion)
- Trash bags
- Flash lights, candles
- **option for a monetary contribution
- No expired food or food that is about to expire
**Please be advised for the option above. Please be creative, there are so many additional items that can be added to the above list. Remember, these are emergency articles for people in need.